When many people think of massages, it’s often labeled as a luxury service, something to treat yourself too. However, massage therapy can play an integral part in any person’s health and wellness program. Our massage therapists use neuromuscular massage, also referred to as deep tissue massage and sports massage to alleviate lower back pain, headaches, and pain in the shoulders, neck, hips, knees, and feet to name the most common.
A massage session also works to stretch tight muscles, while affecting nearly all body systems including cardiovascular, lymphatic and immune, nervous, endocrine, muscular and connective tissue, respiratory and digestive.
A few ways in which massage therapy benefits your total health and wellness plan include:
- Decreased blood pressure and heart rate, with increased circulation and oxygenation to all tissues.
- Increased lymph flow, giving a boost to your immune system and reducing edema.
- Decreased pain associated with trigger points in muscles, tendons and ligaments resulting in an improved range of motion.
- Engagement with the parasympathetic nervous system which stimulates relaxation and digestion.
- Reduced stress hormones which impacts anxiety and stress, which in effect increases relaxation.
Massage therapy can benefit people of all ages and walks of life. To learn more about the benefits of massage or to schedule a massage, simply send us an email.
We look forward to helping you heal and thrive!